Eating plant based is so easy! I know it can seem difficult and daunting at first, but think of all the things that GROW! There are so many fruits and vegetables and grains and nuts and seeds. You’ll find that when you make the decision to eat plant based, that a whole new world of options will reveal itself to you.
Before I made the switch back in 2008, I used to eat bowls of cereal every morning for breakfast. Bowls of cereal or cream of wheat. That was one of my favorites (especially with giant spoonfuls of sugar added to it!). But nothing is sweeter than enjoying a freshly made smoothie full of banana, berries and pineapple for breakfast! Talk about energy!!
A lot of my go to meals for breakfast now are:
- Fresh smoothies
- Oatmeal with banana (I use gluten-free oats from Trader Joes or Bob’s Red Mill brand), cinnamon and all natural peanut butter
- Apple slices with all natural peanut butter
- Sprouted grain bread with avocado (I use Ezekiel brand bread)
- Whole fruit – grapefruit, 2 or 3 oranges, 2 or 3 pears, 2 or 3 of any piece of fruit. It will fill you up and keep you energized through the morning
- Chia Seed Pudding – it’s packed with omegas, is incredibly delicious and definitely keeps you full
I also drink 16 t0 24 ounces of water upon waking up in the morning. This is very important to do to hydrate your body after sleeping, plus, you’ll feel much more awake if you drink water before you have that cup of coffee!
Don’t be afraid to give plant based eating a try. Your body and mind will thank you.
Have a beautiful day!