It doesn’t get more delicious than this!
I’ve got your summertime veggie tacos right here.
- 2 cans of organic black beans (drained and rinsed)
- 1 can of white northern beans (drained and rinsed)
- 4 small organic english cucumbers sliced thin (can also dice 2 regular organic cucumbers)
- 1.5 cups of mango chopped
- 1.5 cups of organic corn
- 1.5 cups of cherry tomatoes chopped
- handful of fresh parsley chopped
- handful of fresh cilantro chopped
- sea salt and ground black pepper to taste
- organic lettuce chopped
- juice of one lime
- your favorite tortillas or taco shells (we tried out a mix of organic corn tortillas and whole wheat tortillas)
- salsa/hot sauce (optional topping)
Mix all ingredients together in a large bowl, except for the lettuce and tortillas.
I ordered these cool Cuisinart taco holders from amazon.com and they are AWESOME! Taco assembly line? You got it. Tacos standing upright on your dinner table and not spilling out? You got it. You can place the holder directly on a grill or in the oven.
Add ingredients to your favorite tortilla or taco shells. I placed my assembled tacos in the Cuisinart taco holders in the oven at 400 degrees until the tacos were warm, which took about 4 minutes. Then carefully remove from oven and add the lettuce to each taco. Top with hot sauce if you like it spicy or a spoonful of fresh salsa.
We ate these cold the next day for lunch – just add hummus to a flour or corn tortilla, add a big dollop of the taco mixture, fold in half and enjoy!
These tacos were even tastier the next day. I see many more tacos in my future.
Get your taco on! Your taste buds will thank you.