I had a bunch of ripe bananas that needed to go to use, so I whipped up some banana bread last night. This easy recipe is a winner!
Preheat oven to 350 f
- 4 vegan eggs (use flax/chia egg substitute for vegan- 1 tablespoon of flax or chia seed to 1/4 cup of water and let it sit for 5 minutes, stir gently, and it will turn into a gel)
- 2 cups very ripe mashed bananas (I used 5 or 6 bananas)
- 1 cup sugar (I used coconut sugar – it’s lower glycemic index)
- ½ cup unsweetened applesauce
- ⅓ cup coconut oil
- 2 cups brown rice flour (used Bob’s Red Mill brand)
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sea salt
I also added a tbsp. each of cinnamon, nutmeg and pumpkin pie spice
Mix all of the wet ingredients together (and sugar) first, and add the flour in last.
***BAKE at 350 for 40 minutes